Monday, October 24, 2011

Stacy Westfall

I watched Stacy Westfall's 2011 Quarter Horse Congress Freestyle reining pattern today.

Most horse people have seen the video of her tackless 2006 championship run. She's an amazing horse person.

She's incredibly inspiring; if I could spend a day with her and watch her work, that would be amazing. I so wish I could have a relationship with even one horse the way she does with all of hers. What gets me in the 2006 video is that the horse is so willing; you can see it licking and chewing as she rides. The horse is so submissive, even with Stacy on her back.

The 2011 run is equally captivating. If you haven't seen it yet, watch it, you won't be disappointed: 



3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I absolutely love her! She is an amazing horsewoman! I am a student at the University of Findlay and many of my western equestrian friends talk about her all the time! She actually graduated from UF and visits quite often!
I would love to have a relationship like that with my horse! I have a looonnngg way to go though.
Love your blog! Have a fantastic day!

Gudl said...

She did it again! Here I sit, crying again! What a good horse!!

Bella said...

Stacy Westfall :) I love both of the videos! I had watched the first one but didn't know about the second one - thanks for sharing. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails