Saturday, March 24, 2012

Back to Driving

Daisy and I have continued with our short hacks this week, and finally on Thursday she seemed very much back to her normal self! On Friday we took a short trail ride, and she was chomping at the bit, so to speak, to go for a gallop. We did and she was thrilled.
She's gaining weight back very surprisingly fast. She's still underweight, but definitely improving much quicker than I anticipated. I did increase her grain a bit, and her hay as well. 

This morning my friend and I got out to drive Daisy! She hadn't been driven since, I believe, October. 5 months! I was a little weary about how it would go, but I need not have worried. She was so perfect!
I lowered the shafts a bit as per the instruction I had received, but I neglected to tighten 'the other straps'... (I'm really not stellar with harness parts. All the diagrams online seem different), so we had the cart wobbling back and forth like a ship. I didn't figure out what I should have tightened until I was undoing the harness. Luckily, Daisy was spectacular even with the cart bobbing back and forth a bit. She wanted to trot often, but I kept the trot slow so to keep the cart as quiet as possible. Next time, I'll tighten things up and we should be fine.
So happy with my girl!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

That sounds wonderful! I'm glad she's gaining weight :)

GraceEquestrian said...

Looks like fun! What a beautiful walk too.

Bella said...

SO fun! :) Daisy was so great too!

Ruth said...

WOW! It must be so fun driving Daisy. I'm so glad shes getting back to normal and putting weight on :)

Megan said...

I'm glad she is putting on more weigh! Driving looks so fun, I would love to try it with Scarfie sometime!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails