Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Disappointment

Because I've been working for fun at our family's new restaurant, I've spent some money that I've earned. I ordered this saddle pad for my western saddle, because it is baby blue (in the picture) and baby blue is Daisy's show color.

I also ordered this blanket for winter, because it was on sale for $100 off and when I board Daisy at Jean's for a few months this winter she will need a blanket.

Unfortunately, I just opened the box and found this color pad. Green. and tan...I'm kinda disappointed--I was excited that I'd have the blue pad in for the western show I'm in this weekend (Actually, Jean is picking Daisy up in half and hour to take her to her house, where I will board Daisy for the week) and now I get this green pad...granted, I guess I should have realized when it said "assorted colors" and when I wasn't allowed to choose the color that I would get any random color, but still...I guess I will send it back. I will be doing a western pleasure type of show on Sunday and then the Saturday after that I will be doing pole bending/barrel racing/etc, so maybe if I send the saddle pad back now I can get a new one in time for the Saturday show...if not, I'm going with my ugly gray one :-/...this stinks...


Luckily I didn't care what color the blanket is. It's navy blue with green straps--it's ok. I'm not going to open it-I'm saving it for winter.

So that's all I have to say...the farrier came today...Daisy reared twice on her first front hoof, but I got mad at her and the rest of the time I said "Whoa" and "Stand" over and over and over again and she was ok...then on the last (front) hoof she reared again so we had to give her hay in a bucket....she actually hit the ceiling the last time...next time the farrier will just take her shoes off completely for winter, so I'm glad--I don't have to deal with her rearing until next spring :-P...

Ok, thanks for listening to me complain.

6:09 PM

11 comments:

Allen said...

Su them. JK LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh man! That is such a bummer!!! I'm sorry!!!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awww, sounds like a tough day, Mell. Some days are just like that, aren't they? Where nothing seems to go right.

I'm sorry sweetie. I wish I could just wave my magic wand (well, it's actually a stick) and turn that pad into the prettiest blue you ever did see.

And I wish I could use a magic spell to calm down Daisy Mae while her feet were being messed with, too.

Does she only rear and get so upset when she's being shoed, or is it also for basic trimming and picking, too?

Maybe the nails are hurting her? Maybe the farrier trims to short?

Something really seems to be bothering. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of it so she doesn't end up seriously hurting herself (and you and the farrier) the next time.

Hugs Mell :)

~Lisa
Laughing Orca Ranch
New Mexico

Anonymous said...

Blue's my favorite color. I think if they have more than one color they should let you choose!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Twinville!

Awww, you're so nice! Haha, I'm sure you have a very pretty wand/stick, lol...

No, Daisy isn't normally bad for anything else---hoof picking or regular trimming...just when he starts to nail the shoes in she gets mad...I think maybe she feels the vibrations--I don't blame her for rearing then! It must feel weird! But it still bugs me...

Anika said...

sweettt...maybe you should open the blankt, to see if it fits, if it does, put it back in the bag, and if not send it back with the saddle pad...the saddle pad on the website looks really cool

DragonRider said...

Go to my blog for a cool book give away.

Michaela said...

These two look nice:

http://horseloverz.com/Tough-1-Square-Saddle-Pad-Fleece-Bottom-pr-296817.html

http://horseloverz.com/Tough-1-Sierra-Cutback-Saddle-Pad-Fleece-Bottom-pr-296835.html

They both come in light blue.

Michaela said...

Ugh, those links I just sent don't work. I'll e-mail them to you. :-)

Danni said...

Oh, I hate ordering things through the mail and feeling that excitement and anticipation, only to be disappointed when the package is opened. Why are you boarding Daisy over the winter? Did I miss that story?

Anonymous said...

Hallo Melissa,
ich habe nicht alles verstanden, zum Teil nur "Bahnhof", aber ich wünsche Dir eine schöne Zeit und guten Erfolg beim Reiten. Ups.....
Es ging um ein Sattelpad......... und die Farbe??????
Glaube mir, das ist alles nicht so wichtig, reite einfach schön, Du kannst es!!!!!!!!!!

good luck

Heidi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails