Wednesday, July 29, 2009

County Fair: Wednesday; Mounted Games






Wednesday was mounted games day at the fair. Junior and Senior members were combined and divided into two teams to compete against each other; walk/trotters were divided into two against each other as well.

We did fun relay games. One was "baton race"; you weaved poles holding a baton and handed it off to the next person. Another was "Special Delivery" where you had a mail bag with magazines in it. You had to weave down some poles, stop, put a magazine in the mailbox, and weave back. I love the picture of Daisy and I; Daisy's just standing there, all patient. That's only funny because she goes racing back like a mad women as soon as I'm ready for her; she's a good listener. :)

One of the last games was "Tennis Tournament". You had a tennis racket and had to carry a ball on it to the end of the ring, drop it in a bucket, and run back. Daisy would have nothing of the racket. Normally when she's afraid of an object (like the mailbag) she gets over it after you wave it around a little, let her smell it, and talk to her. NOT so with the racket! She didn't like it at all; I had to be really careful that I didn't move fast with it or let her see it too often :-P.

The 4th picture is of Can Stack race...

The first picture is (kinda blurry) of the team I was on; the second is of our "rival" team. They ended up winning most games and got high point for the day, but oh well. It was still fun; mounted games day is always laid back and fun :).

One of the races was "Potato Race" which I think we won, but you had to run down to one barrel, pick up the single potato on it, run to another barrel, and drop it in...I have a great picture somewhere where I'm practically falling off Daisy leaning down for the potato, and I missed it :P. I didn't at the time think I was falling, but the pic makes you think I am! I'll try to find it. :)

Next is Western Day...hopefully tomorrow I can find the photos for western day...they aren't in my possession so far :-P.

Until then,



In case anyone wonders, this is my 200th post! I started this blog May 4th, 2007...See the first month of blogging here.

6 comments:

ILJ said...

do you always have teams for the game day?

Mellimaus said...

Yup, we do...barrel racing on Friday is individual. :)

Gudl said...

These photos are great!
And yes, Daisy is a race horse!! You looked awesome on her!

Jordyn Daniels said...

Daisy and you looked GREAT!!! Sounds like you had fun!

Bella said...

You can use my pictures I sent you if you want! =)

I want to go to gaming next year. Do you have to use a Western saddle?

Mellimaus said...

Lydia:
For Mounted games (Wednesday) you can use English. Practically our entire club does!
I TOLD you you should do it! It's SUPER laid back; I didn't want to say it, but we didn't do so well in Mounted games because one of our rider's had a horse that was afraid of most of the games, so we placed last a lot. but it's STILL fun and you still get PAID FOR IT! Plus, if there's only two teams and you keep getting seconds, that's STILL money for a second place, you know what I mean? Plus games are just fun :).

Oh, I don't think you mean Gymkhana, but if you do, that does require western saddles X-(. But our club is trying to change that. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails