Thursday, February 12, 2009

16 Adorable New Birdies

Drumroll, please!
*Drummmmm Rolllll*

The chicks are here!!!!!!! We have 16, chicks, 8 different kinds, 2 of each. They are adorable! We got a call from the post office at 6:15 this morning and my dad went and got them. I'll have a better video soon, but I like this one a lot, too. My mom took of the chicks while they were still in their box. They are soooo cute it's hard to imagine! Especially watch the little brown one on the right, pecking her sister in the face over and over ;-). Well, a lot were pecking each other. Road trips are hard ;-).
You'll hear more soon, probably Friday. Enjoy!


6 comments:

Bella said...

Awwww! They're sooooooooooooooooo, sooooooooooo, SOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!

Haha wow I just thought of something. The Popular song has been stuck in my head, so I'm going to watch it on YouTube in a minute, but anyway, I could so imagine that little brown chick chriping-

"I'll show you what shoes to wear, how to fix your hair! Every little thing that counts to be popular!"

Lol.

Lydia

Michaela said...

Awww! Are they going to go out in the coop yet, or are they still to little? Let me know when you name them.

Anonymous said...

they are soooo cute!!!! :)

Misha said...

aw!!!

Anonymous said...

was ein "gewusel!" haben sie denn alle schon Namen Melissa?

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Such sweet peeping! I remember when we went and picked up our chicks at the post office, too. So exciting.
I also felt so sorry for them, just a day before, pecking their way free from their egg, being handled and plopped into a tiny box with a bunch of other chicks and then traveling for hours without any food, water, light, and being jostled around. Poor little things. Their first 48 hours of life are quite challenging.

But they are so amazing how hardy they are, too, don't you think?

Congrats on your new chicks, Mel!

~Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails