Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Daisy's Mini Vacation






So, yesterday afternoon Daisy got picked up and taken to my 4H leader, Jean's, house. She was in the trailer for about an hour and a half as we had to make multiple stops before we got home. She did awesome! She went right on the trailer with me, and she got off good, too! She would stop and whinny at all our stops, which included a bank, the 4H office, tractor supply and blockbuster. It was so cute! Here you see some pics of her on the trailer and at Jean's.

I rode her while Jean rode Bubba on a 4 1/2 mile block in the rain yesterday. Today I rode her for about an hour in the indoor arena that was just built, and around 40 minutes on the trail. In the arena I did some barrel racing, and first she was slow and lazy, but I got the crop and smacked her a few times ;-) and she did much better! She's quick and she turned really nice around the barrels! Tomorrow are the evaluations, so I'll probably post tomorrow or Thursday and let you know how they went.

9:32 PM




9 comments:

Markus said...

Awesome. Good luck!

Misha said...

OOOO I can't wait to hear how the evaluations go :D

Gudl said...

I can't wait to see 'the action' there!How exciting. Great photos from the adventure so far!

Danni said...

Good luck, Mellimaus - I wish I could be there to watch and cheer you and Daisy on!! :-)

Pony Girl said...

Glad Daisy trailered so well for you. That is always a relief. Curious to hear how the evals go.
Would love to see some video of your new barrel horse! :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! What an exciting adventure for the two of you!
I can't wait to read and see more.

Wanda said...

This is so cool Melissa... Can't wait to see more.

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a good girl!! Good job at the evals!

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I could NEVER show! I did it once in a Clover Bud show, but I could never do it in a really show. I would be too nervous! Although I would like to try it once. :) I know I twisted words! :) OK, that's it! Oh by the way great job!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails