Monday, July 26, 2010

Boot Update, Fair to Start...TOMORROW. :D

Sooooo....guess who was on the front page of the paper today?! ;)
ABOVE the fold. Mmmmmhm. Moi. ;) It was pretty cool.

I took the boots for a real spin today once Daisy was at Jean's. One sounded loose as I was cantering, and it suddenly came off, stuck still to Daisy's pastern...she just sort of spooked, but I got off. It was loose...only on one hoof. (her front left). The trimmer came out 20 minutes later (he was in the area) and got me a 1/2 size smaller boot to exchange for that left boot, and some Power straps for the boots. Bright green :) (He had no black). Otherwise...I liked how she rode with the boots on the flat. She seemed to be stepping lighter.....

I'm going to enter Costume Class with Bubba tomorrow as a headless horseman ;). And Daisy and I will be biker chicks on Thursday. Should be fun!

Until...some other time,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Eeek. I hope the boots work for you. I know I wouldn't use mine again just because they are expensive and come off so I have lost some even with the gaiter things which rubbed when dirt got under them.

Good luck in the costume contest.

Unknown said...

PS- Seen this blog post today it might help you with your boots.
http://barefoothorseblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/bad-things-to-do-to-easycare-boots.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails