Monday, August 20, 2007

Nights in the Barn





These are pictures from both my cousin and my mom, of us sleeping in the barn. For two nights last week we slept on the hay bales, and saw all the things Daisy did. It was an experience. We talked an played cards, and the whole time, even when we turned out the lights and were talking, Daisy was standing there listening. At about 4 am I woke up and turned on the flashlight and saw Daisy lying in the shavings, asleep. I'm sorry it looks so dirty! She did it! :-) Anyway, I woke up Anika, and she took that last picture with her camera. She took a couple pictures, and then I said Daisy's name and she got up and came over. It was really cute to see. I hope I will sleep in the barn again one day! Anyway, I will post later. Bye!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anika said...

That was soooooooooo fun!!! I wish we did it longer...

Mellimaus said...

I know, me too.

Gudl said...

That is so cool, that you saw Daisy laying down and sleeping! She is so cute!

JO said...

What a great post - Sounds like such fun

Anonymous said...

I read that not many horses sleep laying down. Only if they are secure or another horse is standing guard. I wonder if that's true. Maybe Daisy thought you and Anika were standing guard! Anyway, those are really cool pictures.

Mellimaus said...

Yeah, not many horses sleep lying down. Horses do normally only lie down outside in a field or somthing if another horse is there to guard them. Daisy sleeps lying down every night( I can tell by the manure stains on her sides in the morning (: ) I think she feels secure in her stall.

Priscilla said...

That looks like so much fun. Makes me wish I was a 12 year old girl again. (well...maybe not)

This is such a great memory for you and Anika.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails